Helping Youth Help Themselves and Others.
Bullying, failure, low self-image, and poor character decisions are at the heart of many of the challenges facing young people today.
John Maxwell Team and Train2Win Institute have decided to do something about it. YouthMAX!
What is YouthMAX?
YouthMAX is a youth leadership curriculum, designed to give today’s young people practical tools and ideas to help them navigate life in four key areas:
- Stand Up & Be Counted
• 1 in 7 students in Grades K-12 is either a bully or a victim of bullying.
• 1 out of every 10 students who drops out of school does so because of repeated bullying.
• YouthMAX will help equip youth to take responsibility, to help others, and be a hero by righting a wrong.
• YouthMAX will equip youth to stand up, lift up and pick up others.
- Learning to Fail Forward to Success
• Most teens believe that all failure is bad and should be avoided. In fact, failing is the most important part of success.
• Those who fear failure will not take the steps to fail forward.
• YouthMAX will provide youth with facts about failure, how to fail correctly and how to move forward to success after failure.
- Developing a Positive Self Image
• Positive self-image can be the greatest determining factor in success.
• Positive self-image does not begin with what we do or what we have, it begins with who we are and who we think we are.
• Positive self-esteem helps teens cope with emotional stress; this correlates with success in later life.
• Confidence and the willingness to try new challenges can lead teens to greater academic success, earning scholarships and/or receiving other learning opportunities.
• YouthMAX will help youth understand the importance of self-image.
• YouthMAX will offer ways to develop a positive self-image through self-respect.
- Developing Strong Personal Character
A survey released by the Josephson Institute of Ethics on the values and ethical actions of high school students shows:
• A majority of students admitted cheating on a test, with many doing it more than two times.
• Students even confessed they lied on some of the survey questions, which the Josephson Institute said is typically an attempt to conceal misconduct.
• YouthMAX will equip youth to form/build character by aligning values, thoughts, feelings, and actions to help ensure victories in their lives, both now and in the future.
• YouthMAX will reinforce the thought process that developing good character traits is the best insurance for handling difficult day’s in the future through determination rather than discouragement
Train2Win Institute serves youth and youth organizations in their communities by helping youth grow and develop to meet the challenges of life in today’s changing world.
For more information about YouthMAX curriculum, Contact us:
Global Youth Initiative
Global Youth Initiative is a YouthMAx Event! A full Week dedicated to helping kids & Teens become bright LEADERS & Difference Makers.